- Hiring Individuals with Disabilities
- Performance Management and Employees with Disabilities
- Leave as a Reasonable Accommodation
- Reasonable Accommodations for Pregnancy [PDF]
There are many ways that faculty can make their courses and course materials accessible to students with disabilities. The following units provide resources and assistance:
- Academic technologies: The Learning Systems department provides workshops and consultations to help faculty use university-supported eLearning applications and tools, as well as recommendations for making course content accessible.
- VCU Online for Faculty (formerly AltLab) and VCU Online: Through workshops, online resources and individual consultations, both groups provide specific pedagogically focused guidance for faculty teaching with technology and can assist with making course materials accessible.
- Procurement: VCU’s Office of Procurement Services can assist in identifying vendors who can meet accessibility needs and in creating appropriate agreements.
VCU Libraries offers a number of services and resources for visitors with disabilities, such as individualized library orientations and assistive technology, at both of its locations.
Planning Accessible Events
Every type of program, meeting, exhibit, tour and event, whether held for the VCU community or open to the public, on or off campus, must consider the access needs of persons with disabilities. Event planners should include a disability accommodation statement that invites participants with disabilities to request accommodations in all pre-event publicity and registration materials. The disability accommodation statement should provide an event contact email and phone number.
If you need accommodations for a disability, please contact [event sponsor] at [phone number and/or email] at least one week in advance.
- Planning Accessible Meetings and Events: A Toolkit [PDF]
- Holding Inclusive Events: A Guide to Accessible Event Planning [PDF]
- Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodation for Individuals with Disabilities
- Animals on University Property
- Organizational Websites Management and Hosting
- Preventing and Responding to Discrimination
- Nondiscrimination Notice